Membership at the Oakmont Yacht Club
The Oakmont Yacht Club is a private club and currently has over 350 members, which includes junior, social, active, life, and honorary members. Active members sit on the board. All members volunteer for the various committees at the club.
Joining the OYC
Steps in becoming a member:
- Make an appointment to meet with the Membership chair.
- Complete an application.
- Obtain signatures of two Active or Life members of the club. If you are new to the area and do not know any Active or Life members, please let us know upon application.
- Submit the application and application dues.
- Once submitted successfully, your application will be presented at the next board meeting and posted on our bulletin board for 30 days. At the end of the 30-day period, all applications are removed for final board vote.
- You will be notified by letter of the results of the vote.
Article 1, Section 3, Paragraph a: A Social member, after one year, may make application for Active membership by petitioning 5 Active/Life members in good standing as sponsors. The application must also have served on a club committee prior to approval for Active membership.
Applications are on file in the office. Questions can be directed to the club office.