SOCIAL Members shall be at lesat twenty-one (21) years of age. Social Members shall not have voting or credit privileges and may not hold office. You must be a Social Member for one (1) year before applying for Active Membership. They are encouraged to serve on committees.
ACTIVE Members shall be at least twenty-two (22) years of age and shall have been a Social Member, in good standing, for at least one (1) year.
LIFE Members shall be any person with twenty-five(25) consecutive years as an Active Member and who makes application to, and is verified and approved by the Board of Governors may become a Life Member with all the provileges of Active Membership without the payment of annual dues.
Joining the Oakmont Yacht Club
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Oakmont Yacht Club simply give us a call at 412-828-9847 to set up a time to meet with our Membership chair or one of our board members. At that time you can take a tour of the club, learn more about the events and marina, and complete a membership application.
Steps to become a Social member:
- Make an appointment to meet with the Membership chair.
- Complete an application.
- Obtain signatures of two Active or Life members of the club. If you are new to the area and do not know any Active or Life members, please let us know upon application.
- Submit the application and application dues.
- Once submitted successfully, your application will be presented at the next board meeting and posted on our bulletin board for 30 days. At the end of the 30-day period, all applications are removed for final board vote.
- You will be notified by letter of the results of the vote.
Please Note: By-law Change
Social Members who want to become Active Members.
Article 1, Section 3, Paragraph a: A Social member, after one year, may make application for Active membership by petitioning 5 Active/Life members in good standing as sponsors. The application must also have served on a club committee prior to approval for Active membership.
Applications are on file in the office. Questions can be directed to the club office.